Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sunday's Treat

Sunday's Treat


(Banana split with hot chocolate sauce, Hershey's sauce, ferrero roche, raspberries and Halo-Halo ice cream)

Ever since being health conscious, I decided that I will only have proper treats every Sunday and this Sunday  I made banana splits. 

Not the typical ordinary banana split with just bananas, chocolate sauce and ice cream but I went the extra mile and added Ferrero Roches as well to add that crunchy texture on top of the halo-halo ice cream. If you don't know what halo-halo is, click here. It's this amazing Filipino dessert made into ice cream and it's just so heavenly. I'm so glad China Town stocks it because its the closest I will come to having it here in the UK.

Also used Hershey's sauce on top of the hot chocolate sauce I already made since the hot chocolate sauce wasn't quite dark enough to my liking. I added raspberries to add colour (this part was inspired by the recipe in Rosemary Conley's low fat cookbook)

Still deciding on what Sunday treat to have for next week, any suggestions?

LinkWithin

 
Blogging tips